Belton - Honea Path - Williamston - Head Start program opened the new facility on Black Street in Honea Path in October 2002.
About 125 students receive early childhood education and related services.
History of Anderson County School District Two
The second school located on the west side of town was taught by Robinson Cobb. Around 1878, a two story school was constructed near the site of the present Watkins Elementary School on South Main Street .
In 1923 during the leadership of L. L. Wright, a large brick building was erected for the High School which is now the Middle School. During these years the High School was accredited.
In 1966 the students from Belton and Honea Path High Schools were consolidated and a modern school was built between the two towns in the High Point Community. Three years later, Geer Gant High School in Belton merged with the school enlarging the enrollment to approximately .
In 1923 during the leadership of L. L. Wright, a large brick building was erected for the original Honea Path High School. Although most of the original high school structure is no longer standing, it is the current site for Honea Path Middle School. Honea Path Middle School houses grades 6-8, and is also the location for the Honea Path Middle School Early Childhood Development Site.