>>  




>> 
http://www.sc-heritagecorridor.org/
 
Welcome To Honea Path
Home of the South Carolina 'Sugarfoot Festival'
 
WELCOME
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recycling
Town of Honea Path
South Main Street
Honea Path, SC  29654
864-369-2466
Photo by Luther Moon
 
SAVE CAN'S FOR
BURNED VICTIMS

You can drop off aluminum cans beside the Fire Department on Shirley Avenue to assist with financial cost of treating burn victims.
Anderson County collects approximately 2 thousand tons per year.
SAVE CAN'S FOR
BURNED VICTIMS

You can drop off aluminum cans beside the Fire Department on Shirley Avenue to assist with financial cost of treating burn victims.
Anderson County collects approximately 2 thousand tons per year.
SAVE CAN'S FOR
BURNED VICTIMS

You can drop off aluminum cans beside the Fire Department on Shirley Avenue to assist with financial cost of treating burn victims.
Anderson County collects approximately 2 thousand tons per year.
The book "Honea Path Milestones" 1976 was commissioned by Mayor W. K. "Bill" Williams and Town Council members H. T. "Tommy" Leverette, William E. "Billy" Gilmer, Cecil R. Cowan, Mansell Bridwell, Lee Beasley, and Curtis P. Jackson as part of the towns Bicentennial celebration. Authors of the 1st Honea Path Milestones were J. Pete Dugan, now deceased, C. A. "June" Ragsdale and Louise Graham Ervin, now deceased.


The purpose of the Honea Path Milestones was to preserve for future generations all that has been written and accumulated. Awareness of our heritage and the fact that we, too are making history. A concerted effort was made to accumulate as much vital information about our town as was available. Many contributions of information was contributed by citizens making this a town wide project.


The Honea Path Milestones 1992 which was an addition to the 1st edition was commissioned by Mayor William E. "Billy" Gilmer and the Town Council: Gary Branyon, Jasper Johnson, Hack Lollis, Bettye Mattison, Lollis Meyers and Mack Robinson.


The second edition was dedicated to the memory of Louise Graham Ervin (March 16, 1920 – March 11, 1992). Her last contribution to the community was this updated edition of Honea Path Milestones. Louise mailed the final draft of the Milestones to the publisher two days before a traffic automobile accident took her life.



The Honea Path Chronicle was founded in 1894 by L. Y. Moore. A couple years later, Mr. Moore’s brother, George Ester Moore, took over publishing responsibilities.  Fred T. Moore (no relation) bought the paper in 1945.  Mr. Moore published the paper until July 1981.  William C. Meade, publisher of The Journal in Williamston and Jerry Alexander and Ben Bagwell of the Pickens Sentinel bought the paper.  In 1984, Fred Moore assumed ownership again and sold the paper to Dan Branyon, publisher of the Ware Shoals Observer.   After 8 years at the helm, Mr. Branyon sold the paper to The Belton News, Inc. on May 27, 1992  and shortly thereafter the Belton News and Honea Path Chronicle were combined as The News Chronicle.

The 1992 edition of the Honea Path Milestones are available for purchase at the Town Hall at Watkins Community Center, Clerk’s Office for $25.00 each.  This is a history book that will last forever.
Honea Path Milestones